TeachGIS.org is the brain-child of Diana Sinton and a posse of other GIS-teaching, map-loving, spatial-thinking folks, mostly from higher education. As a community of practice, we created this site as a venue where expert and novice instructors of geographic information systems (GIS), and related geospatial technologies, could feel comfortable sharing ideas, asking and answering questions, and learning from one another. We are software neutral and very open-minded towards open source tools. We welcome any and all fellow GIS instructors from our wider global community to join the conversation.
Together, our volunteer Advisory Group has well over a 100+ years of cumulative experience teaching GIS across a wide range of settings. We are actively recruiting members from outside of North America.
- Don Boyes, University of Toronto, Canada
- Jon Caris, Smith College, USA
- Vania Carlos, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
- Adam Dastrup, Salt Lake Community College, USA
- Patrick Florance, Tufts University, USA
- Niem Huynh, Association of American Geographers, USA
- Michelle Kinzel, San Diego Community College District, USA
- Rachel Kornak, GISP, Penn State and Emerging GIS Leaders, USA
- Diana Sinton, UCGIS, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meg Stewart, Geospatial Instructional Technologist, USA